Ten disturbing facts about Dementia :-
- Dementia is the leading cause of death in England and Wales - FACT*
- Dementia is the second biggest cause of death in Scotland, and figures are rising - FACT*
- In 2018, access to professional dementia care is still very much a 'postcode lottery' - FACT*
- 700,000 people devote 1.3 billion hours each year to caring for a loved one with dementia - FACT*
- These unpaid carers save the Government more than £11 BILLION per annum - FACT*
- The Government have themselves admitted that most dementia carers face severe financial losses - FACT*
- Many dementia carers also report long-term changes to their physical and mental health - FACT*
- The number of people living with dementia is expected to exceed 1 million by 2021 - FACT*
- As far back as 2014 the Alzheimer's Society issued a statement calling for better support for carers - FACT*
- Theresa May has promised to review Government policy on dementia care in 2020 - FACT*
This is simply not good enough - FACT!
We are therefore calling for the Government to stop, listen, review their policies and TAKE ACTION NOW!
(*Click to see full reports)